The Independence is Charlottesville’s premier senior living community and is ideal for active adults over 55 who want an independent lifestyle, convenience, and freedom from the hassles of home maintenance. With sweeping views of the Blue Ridge Mountains outside and a dozen spacious floor plans inside, The Independence is elegant and sophisticated. The Meditation Garden and new Bark Park set us apart from other senior living communities. You can enjoy the carefree and active lifestyle you want at The Independence. With an in-house Activities Director and inviting amenities including a game room, library and computer center, weekly housekeeping services, fitness center, scheduled transportation services, and more, residents choose to spend their retirement doing the things they love.
The Independence offers an all-inclusive and independent lifestyle with no huge deposits or monthly fees. Once you move in, you’ll pay a monthly rent. Residents enjoy the simplicity of renting because you never have to worry about home maintenance, property taxes, or unexpected fees. Our great location and professional staff are two more reasons that The Independence is an ideal senior living community.
We encourage you to explore The Independence further and join us by choosing to live someplace awesome.
- The area’s largest senior apartments — up to 1,558 s.f.
- full kitchens, full size washer and dryer, and patio or balcony in many units
- Fitness center with senior-friendly equipment
- Upscale community with gracious common areas
- Scheduled transportation for shopping and doctor appointments
- On-site activities and special events
- Conveniently located off Pantops, across from Darden Towe Park