With the help of Dealhack.com, we have researched and provided a comprehensive list for 2017 of places that offer senior discounts.
The fact is, there are a lot of discounts out there that can make life as a retiree, or even as a person over 50, a lot cheaper.
Our ultimate guide to senior discounts will help you find the restaurants, clothing stores, travel services, and health services that will reward you simply because you’ve lived to be your age.
Senior Discounts at Restaurants
Eating lunch away from home doesn’t have to end just because you don’t commute to the office anymore. These deals are available at local restaurants just for people like you. Since you might look a lot younger than your age, don’t count on the cashier or server to offer these discounts automatically. You might need to ask for them and some might request proof of your age.
- Krispy Kreme offers a 10% discount
- Steak ‘n Shake offers 10% off on Mondays and Tuesdays
- Arby’s offers a 10% discount
- Chili’s offers 10% off
- Dunkin’ Donuts offers10% off or a free small coffee
- Fudrucker’s gives10% off senior platters
- IHOP offers10% off
- Jack in the Box offers 20% off
- KFC gives a free small drink with any purchase
- Papa John’s offers 25% discounts
- Wendy’s gives 10% off
- Applebee’s offers a Golden Apple Card to customers over 60 that entitles them to 15% off every order
- Burger King gives 10% off
- CiCi’s Pizza offers a 10% discount
- Golden Corral gives 10% off
- Ponderosa Steakhouse offers a senior menu
- Sonic gives 10% off or a free drink
- Waffle House gives 10% off every Monday
- Captain D’s offers discounts on select meals on Wednesdays
- Sweet Tomatoes offers 10% off
- White Castles offers 10% discounts
- Boston Market offers 10% off
- Hardee’s offers $.33 drinks every day
- Taco Bell gives 5% discounts and free drinks
Senior Discounts at Clothing Stores
- Bealls Outlet offers 20% off every first Tuesday of the month
- C.J. Banks offers 10% discounts on Wednesdays
- Belk’s offers 15% off on the first Tuesday of the month
- Dress Barn offers 20% off every day
- Ross Stores offer 10% off on Tuesdays
- Stein Mart offers 20% off clearance items on the first Monday of the month
- Kohl’s offers 15% discounts
- Clark’s offers a 10% discount
Travel Discounts for Seniors
These airlines offer discounts to seniors ages 65+:
- American Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Airways
If you prefer to drive,use your AARP membership to get discounts with these car rental companies:
- Alamo Car Rental
- Budget Rental Cars
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- National Rent-a-Car
Traveling is a big part of the retiree lifestyle. By staying in one of these hotels, you can see and do more because you won’t have to pay as much for accommodations. Be sure to tell the hotel your age when you book your room.
These hotels all offer a 10% discount:
- Cambria Suites
- Clarion Motels
- Comfort Inn
- Comfort Suites
- Econo Lodge
- Motel 6
These hotels all offer a 20-30% discount:
- Quality Inn
- Roadway Inn
- Sleep Inn
- Marriott Hotels offers a 15% discount
- Intercontinental Hotels offer various discounts at all locations
Senior Discounts for Health
- AARP offers a prescription discount card to members that could give you access to significantly lower prices on the prescriptions you need every day.
- CVS has a prescription savings program that costs only $15 per year and offers substantial cost savings.
- Walgreens guarantees members will save at least the cost of the membership fee for their Prescription Savings Club card. Those who don’t get the full benefits will get a rebate at the end of the year.
- Rite Aid’s Rx Savings Program allows members to save 15 percent on their prescription drugs.