What you need:
• 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
• 2 tablespoons butter
• ⅓ cup whole milk
• 2 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Pine nuts, optional
1. Place the peeled and cubed potatoes in a
saucepan. Cover the potatoes with water
and then bring to a boil.
2. Cook until the potatoes are tender,
about 12 minutes.
3. Drain the potatoes and then place them
into a large bowl. Mash the potatoes and
add in the butter and milk.
4. Beat until smooth. Add more milk if needed.
5. Stir in the basil pesto and season with
salt and pepper.
6. Garnish with pine nuts, if desired.