You heard that right – tots done the healthy way! Try this once and it will be guest starring alongside many of your meals.
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
4 slices nitrate-free bacon
1⁄2 cup almond meal
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1⁄4 cup plain greek yogurt
2 green onions, sliced
1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
1⁄4 tsp. garlic powder
1⁄8 tsp. black pepper greek yogurt ranch dip, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Break cauliflower into florets.
3. Place florets into a steamer basket and cook, over high heat, until tender. Set aside.
4. Cook bacon until crispy, then chop it into small pieces. Set aside.
5. Mash the cooked cauliflower in a mixing bowl until it’s evenly mashed.
6. Put 3 cups of the mashed cauliflower in large mixing bowl, add an egg, the chopped bacon, almond meal, shredded cheddar cheese, plain greek yogurt, sliced green onions, sea salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir together until completely mixed.
7. Scoop heaping tablespoons of this mixture using your hands to form a ball, then shape into a tater-tot and place on baking sheet.
8. Bake until golden brown and crispy, about 25-30 minutes, turning after 20 minutes, once the bottom side is golden brown.
*Be careful when you flip them, as they can stick to the parchment paper.