Skilled Nursing Care Communities
Nursing homes are facilities for seniors in need of 24-hour nursing care. They provide many of the same care options offered in other senior communities such as room and board, personal care, protection, supervision and other types of therapy.
Typically nursing care falls into three levels of care:
- Basic Nursing Care is required to maintain a person's activity of daily living.
- Skilled Nursing Care is for those seniors who require the services of a registered nurse for treatment and procedures.
- Sub-Acute Care requires comprehensive in-patient care for someone who has experienced an acute illness or injury.
Nursing Care Communities Are For You If …
You require the care of a skilled nursing community 24 hours a day. With the help of RNs, LPNs, and nurse practitioners, you'll get all the attention that you need at a skilled nursing facility, or SNF.
Nursing Care Communities Checklist Of Things To Consider
- Does the area seem clean and well maintained?
- Does the atmosphere seem friendly and inviting?
- Is the Residents Bill of Rights posted in the lobby?
- Does the company run background checks on all the staff?
Cost Of Nursing Care Homes by City & State
Payment sources can include private pay, Medicare, or Medicaid. For a private room, the average cost range is between $6,000 and $8,000 per month.